Why does Conan recommend using Artifactory and not Nexus - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Why does Conan recommend using Artifactory and not Nexus

post by thomas.jordan on Mar 17

Hi,

I have set up Conan proxy repository on Sonatype Nexus which was easy to set up when I followed the Nexus online documentation. It seems to work ok (I used it to access Conan public repo from a network without internet access). At some point I will probably want to create a locally hosted Conan repository too. However I notice in the Conan online documentation they recommend using JFrog Artifactory for locally hosted Conan repositories. Why do they promote Artifactory over Nexus?

post by mgarzon on Mar 17

We offer comprehensive support for Conan format, including Proxy, Hosted, and Group repositories. Project sponsors can usually highlight their solutions on the project site.

post by thomas.jordan on Mar 17

That makes sense, thanks.

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
How could I find out the role name 1 65 Aug 2025
Clarification on Request Limits When Upgrading Nexus Repository OSS from v3.37 1 452 Oct 2025
Login to and download from Nexus Repository takes very long 2 122 Nov 2025
After upgrading from 3.70.4 to 3.79.1, three errors appeared in nexus.log and resources in the blob store are no longer accessible. Please advise on the possible causes and workarounds. 0 133 Jan 16
OSS NPM repo support 1 105 Aug 2025