Unable to delete repository when database is frozen.. Database not writable on node - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Unable to delete repository when database is frozen.. Database not writable on node

post by mikhamatta on Jun 5, 2023

hi, i get this error when trying to delete or to push to repository:

Unable to delete repository when database is frozen… Database not writable on node!

any help please?


post by Renitta_Aruldhasan on May 9, 2025

Hi,

Still I face this issue. Is there any solution provided already?

Could anyone help?


post by mpiggott on May 12, 2025

The freeze API prevents writing to the database, you’d need to use the REST API to turn it off again.


post by Renitta_Aruldhasan on May 30, 2025

Hi,

I have tried to unfreeze the database using API. In addition, tried to delete the frozen.marker file from the path /data/sonatype-work/nexus3.

But still unable to delete the repository. Still facing the same error.

Could someone help please?


post by Renitta_Aruldhasan on Jun 18, 2025

Hi,

Still I am facing the same problem - unable to delete the repository. Can somebody help on this issue please?


post by jzora on Jun 18, 2025

Renitta,

Without more information, here are my two best guesses:

  1. When you tried to delete the frozen.marker file, was Nexus Repository running? If it was, shut down Nexus Repository and try to delete again.
  2. Are you almost out of disk space? If the Nexus Repository application server is almost out of disk space, it may freeze.

post by Renitta_Aruldhasan on Jun 19, 2025

Hi Jonathan,

  1. We deleted the frozen.marker file when Nexus was down.
  2. And we have enough disk space too. Please find the /data and /opt paths.

In addition, I am attaching the log files, which was taken while attempting to delete a Nexus repo. Unable to attach the logs a file since its throwing ‘new users cannot upload attachments’ error.

Kindly help.


post by Renitta_Aruldhasan on Jul 14, 2025

Hi,

Can somebody help here please?

Regards,

Renitta


post by jzora on Jul 14, 2025

Renitta,

First, remember that I’m not official Support.

Based on the logs you shared, it’s possible that your database is corrupted. OrientDB database corruption is somewhat common and very hard to diagnose. Unfortunately, there’s no advice I personally can offer you. It may be best to just leave the repository as-is.