Rule failure while closing the staging repository - Central Repository - Sonatype Community

Rule failure while closing the staging repository

post by jitsni on Jul 22, 2024

I am running into the following error while uploading the artifacts to staging repository. Any help is appreciated.


Uploaded: https://oss.sonatype.org:443/service/local/staging/deployByRepositoryId/comgithubjitsni-1022/com/github/jitsni/mseven6/0.15/mseven6-0.15.pom.asc (529 B at 5.8 KB/sec)
[INFO]  * Upload of locally staged artifacts finished.
[INFO]  * Closing staging repository with ID "comgithubjitsni-1022".

Waiting for operation to complete...
......

[ERROR] Rule failure while trying to close staging repository with ID "comgithubjitsni-1022".
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Nexus Staging Rules Failure Report
[ERROR] ==================================
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Repository "comgithubjitsni-1022" failures
[ERROR]   Rule "operation-failed" failures
[ERROR]     * Operation has failed; repository has 1 activity notifications
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Cleaning up local stage directory after a Rule failure during close of staging repositories: [comgithubjitsni-1022]

post by mpiggott on Jul 23, 2024

Hi this forum is for Nexus the product, for Central you need Central Repository

post by mfrost on Jul 23, 2024

Moved to the correct category for visibility.

post by jitsni on Jul 23, 2024

Apparently, there was an issue around that time. It got resolved now.

post by sina.madani on Jul 25, 2024

I’m still having this issue, everything was working before. I get a timeout after 5 minutes followed by a failure when using the nexus-staging-plugin. The report for rule violations / failures is empty so I suspect given the recent outages this is Sonatype messing up deployments again.