Retrieving the latest snapshot - Central Repository - Sonatype Community

Retrieving the latest snapshot

post by nigel.l.jones on Mar 16, 2023

Nigel Jones

We publish maven artifacts to the release repository (for releases), and to the snapshot repository (for snapshots ie merge build)

I can get the latest version of a released artifact using something like

http://repository.sonatype.org/service/local/artifact/maven/redirect/?r=central-proxy&g=org.odpi.egeria&a=egeria-connector-xtdb&v=LATEST&c=jar-with-dependencies

However I can’t seem to do this for snapshots - it does not work ie:

wget http://repository.sonatype.org/service/local/artifact/maven/redirect?r=snapshots&g=org.odpi.egeria&a=egeria-connector-xtdb&v=LATEST&c=jar-with-dependencies

I would like to retrieve the latest snapshot (I am aware of the limitations ie it could be older version etc)

The files look ok on the repo - for example right now the file I would expect the above to resolve to is

https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/repositories/snapshots/content/org/odpi/egeria/egeria-connector-xtdb/4.0-SNAPSHOT/egeria-connector-xtdb-4.0-20230316.072650-4-jar-with-dependencies.jar

How do I correctly construct the query for this?

post by nigel.l.jones on Mar 19, 2023

Nigel Jones

Any tips on this?

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Maven Central publishing limits: what high-volume publishers need to know 0 133 Jun 16
Feature request: Different levels for Maven Central tokens (deploy and publish) 0 22 8d
Nxrm3-maven-plugin:1.0.9 Missing 2 81 Sep 2025
Deployment error: Dependencies to SNAPSHOT versions not allowed 4 184 Oct 2025
Update: Maven Central Publishing Limits Enforcement Moved to October 1 0 31 5d