Outbound requests to clm.sonatype.com/user-telemetry - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Outbound requests to clm.sonatype.com/user-telemetry

post by davidcc on Nov 21, 2024

Hello everyone, I have raised Outbound requests to clm.sonatype.com/user-telemetry · Issue #518 · sonatype/nexus-public · GitHub.

I just wanted to enquire here in the community if somebody is experiencing the same behavior, which seems incorrect. I am pasting here the same content:

I am using Nexus Repository Manager OSS 3.74.0-05 in a Docker container, from the official Docker Hub Image.

I have declined the optional in-product analytics program. I have also disabled and then deleted the Analytics and Outreach capability.

However, in the outbound-request.log I keep seeing around 80 connections per minute to https://clm.sonatype.com/user-telemetry/v1/rte/v2…

I had another installation on Nexus OSS, version 3.65 where I didn’t see this behavior. Can somebody try to replicate this behavior? I have just tested again by running a docker container in the version 3.74.0-05 or 3.73 and even the Nexus instance was completely empty, I declined to opt-in the program and removed the analytics capability, all those connections appeared in the outbound-request.log.

It doesn’t seem correct.

Regards

post by sebastien_picavet on Nov 26, 2024

Hi,

Same here. It happens since 2023 ( Usage Metrics).

We blocked it on our firewall.

post by hjjuxtr on Sep 2, 2025

I have the same behaviour, I am running Sonatype Nexus Repository OSS 3.75.1-01 and get a lot of exceptions regarding outbound requests to clm.sonatype.com

025-09-02 14:27:53,169+0200 WARN  [qtp1273293567-3516]  [redacted user id] org.sonatype.nexus.siesta.internal.UnexpectedExceptionMapper - (ID b7c64e8c-c692-4ad2-8566-32d7024f78af) Unexpected exception: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to clm.sonatype.com:443 [clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.41, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.16, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.37, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.112] failed: Connect timed out
org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to clm.sonatype.com:443 [clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.41, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.16, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.37, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.112] failed: Connect timed out

2025-09-02 14:27:53,170+0200 WARN  [qtp1273293567-3516]  [redacted user id]  org.sonatype.nexus.siesta.internal.UnexpectedExceptionMapper - (ID b7c64e8c-c692-4ad2-8566-32d7024f78af) Response: [500] 'ERROR: (ID b7c64e8c-c692-4ad2-8566-32d7024f78af) org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to clm.sonatype.com:443 [clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.41, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.16, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.37, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.112] failed: Connect timed out'; mapped from: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to clm.sonatype.com:443 [clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.41, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.16, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.37, clm.sonatype.com/3.165.190.112] failed: Connect timed out

post by hjjuxtr on Sep 5, 2025

I just upgraded to 3.83.1-03 and the error is still happening. Any pointers on how to disable this?