NPM Update AND Install Issues - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

NPM Update AND Install Issues

post by daniel on Feb 10, 2021

Hello,

We are working on Sonatype Nexus Repository Manager 3.29.2-02 that running on docker.

After upgrading from version 3.23.0 to the new version we have many issues with the Jenkins builds.

We have an npm group repository that includes hosted and proxy repositories.

Each day we have this error when running npm update; npm install :

npm ERR! code ENOVERSIONS

npm ERR! No valid versions available for undefined

We fix it with the button “Invalidate Cache” in the UI, but then this issue comes again the next day.

In Nexus logs, we do not have Errors or something that indicate something wrong.

I see that some users also have this issue but not see any answers about how to resolve it.

Hope you can assist me with this issue.

Thanks!

post by akennealy on Feb 26, 2021

I’m seeing this exact same issue after an upgrade. Any updates on this issue?

post by mmartz on Feb 26, 2021

I’ve not seen this before. Is there anything special about the packages? Are the namespaced or not? Do they have both hosted and proxy versions or otherwise two different sources within the group? If you hit the non-group repository where they come from do you get the same error or is it only when you pull from the group?

post by ajoux-accor on Mar 1, 2021

Same trouble for us https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-26856

post by daniel on Mar 2, 2021

Our group configured from hosted and proxy repository.

The proxy configured with the remote repository: https://registry.npmjs.org.

We see this error only with proxy packages when pulling from the group. When I “Invalidate Cache” in the UI it works for some hours and then again same error.

If I pull directly from https://registry.npmjs.org I do not have the error.

post by mpiggott on Mar 3, 2021

We haven’t seen this error reported specifically, but some of the log messages seem similar to an issue a customer has reported.

We have a 3.30 release which should drop very soon that includes a partial fix for the issue a customer reported, we later created a second patch which we expect to be part of a 3.30.1 release (not sure how soon that will be).

I would suggest trying these releases as they become available to see if it they correct the problem.

post by akennealy on Mar 10, 2021

This is the same config as I have.

post by 1134994463 on Jan 3, 2023

I had the same problem