Nexus Repository 3.85 - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Nexus Repository 3.85

post by Ren on Oct 30, 2025

Hello,

Our team is tasked with taking over and upgrade an old 2.14 nexus env.

I already tested a 2.15 in-place upgrade, then a 3.85 http migration.

I would like to enable https, redirect http to https on port 443.

I’ve configured my nexus .prop like that based on another community post.

application-port=80

application-port-ssl=443

nexus-args=${jetty.etc}/jetty.xml,${jetty.etc}/jetty-http.xml,${jetty.etc}/jetty-requestlog.xml,${jetty.etc}/jetty-http.xml

Port 80 is operational, but I’m not able to use https.

Is someone running it in https on the default port?

Next step is to link the cert issued by our PKI.

Thanks,

Ren

post by g.rosso on Oct 31, 2025

Hi, Renaut,

first things first, is your SSL port open?

Documentation Configuring SSL seems quite straightforward. Are you able to bind on a port such as 443 with the user running the service?

A better alternative would be using Nexus Repo behind a reverse proxy.

Giancarlo

post by joris.klop on Nov 3, 2025

So updating Nexus repo 2.x to Nexus 3.x seems a bit more work than just flipping some settings. Did you perhaps make a typo in your post?