Nexus IQ Server "unused scripts - Sonatype Lifecycle & Repository Firewall / Best Practices - Sonatype Community

Nexus IQ Server “unused scripts

post by imhotep.yakub on Sep 14, 2021

Hello I hope I put this in the correct category. The organization I work for is tasked with security hardening (security technical implementation) based on DISA standards. We run Nexus Lifecycle. I need help with the following:

"Scripts allow server side processing on behalf of the hosted application user or as processes needed in the implementation of hosted applications. Removing scripts not needed for application operation or deemed vulnerable helps to secure the web server.

To assure scripts are not added to the web server and run maliciously, those script mappings that are not needed or used by the web server for hosted application operation must be removed."

Can anyone provide me some guidance or instructions on how to determine what script mappings are in Nexus Lifecycle and how to tell if they are being used or not? Thanks in advance!

943 views

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Package Coverage Issue 2 125 Jun 22
Docker artifacts being automatically deleted despite no policies/tasks enabled 0 48 Sep 2025
Blob stores not getting cleaned (correctly) 2 152 Oct 2025
Error after upgrade to 3.83 NoSuchBeanDefinitionException GroupFacet Qualifier(“groupWriteFacet”) 1 263 Aug 2025
Nuget v3 query on proxy 2 109 Feb 13