Nexus deletes maven-metadata.xml - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Nexus deletes maven-metadata.xml

post by max.schaefer on Jan 4, 2024

Hello,

in my Nexus instance’s (Sonatype Nexus Repository OSS 3.63.0-01) maven repository I’ve got these kind of artifacts:

  1. <groupId>a</groupId>
    <artifactId>b</artifactId>

  2. <groupId>a.b</groupId>
    <artifactId>c</artifactId>

When I delete via the UI or REST a version of 2. and afterwards upload a new version of 2. then Nexus deletes the maven-metadata.xml of 1. (a/b/maven-metadata.xml)

It does not automatically rebuild the maven-metadata.xml of 1.

I need to run a task of type Repair - Rebuild Maven repository metadata (maven-metadata.xml) to get it back.

Is that an expected behavior?

post by mpiggott on Jan 11, 2024

This seems like a bug to me. Your projects are a little unusual and would result in different types of metadata at the same directory level. If you wouldn’t mind reporting it in: Issues · sonatype/nexus-public · GitHub

post by max.schaefer on Jan 12, 2024

Thanks for your response. I’ve submitted Nexus deletes maven-metadata.xml · Issue #314 · sonatype/nexus-public · GitHub