Nexus Blob Store Size - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Nexus Blob Store Size

post by marco.schmucki on Feb 14, 2022

Hi all

I’ve a problem: I’ve deleted a lot of unused docker-container in my nexus-repo to get free space. I’ve also executed the job “Compact Blob Store”.

But in the overview I’ve the same amount of used space for the Blob-Store, it did not actualized the used space.

What can I do?

Many thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Marco

PS. I’ve upgraded my Nexus last year from 3.13.0-01 to 3.37.1 successfully. With the old version 3.13.01 it worked to get free space after deleting unused stuff.

post by dsawa on Feb 14, 2022

Hi Marco.

Are you sure you have deleted the images from Nexus Repository? Perhaps you have deleted only the manifests, but layers are still there taking your disk space.

To stay on top of disk usage I recommend familiarising with these:

post by mpiggott on Feb 14, 2022

Probably you need to run Docker GC

post by marco.schmucki on Feb 15, 2022

Hi Dawid Sawa

What do you mean with “only deleted the manifest”? Yes, I’ve deleted the manifest and the tags in the Browser-User-Interface (with klicking on the “delete” button). How can I delete the images/layers?

Many thanks for your feedback!

Best regards,

Marco

post by mmartz on Feb 15, 2022

In docker, the layers may be used by multiple manifests/tags. There is a task to delete unused docker images and manifests that you may want to run which should clean out any remaining layers. (It’s briefly mentioned in the Cleanup Policies help document, but easy to miss.)