nexus-3.78.2-04 ERROR bootstrap jetty -- Data store not found - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community
nexus-3.78.2-04 ERROR bootstrap jetty – Data store not found
post by gautier.franchini on Mar 31, 2025
Dear Community Members,
Upgrading from nexus- 3.59.0-01 to nexus- 3.78.2-04
I’ve got the following error message:
2025-03-31 11:27:51,242+0200 ERROR [jetty-main-1] *SYSTEM org.sonatype.nexus.bootstrap.jetty.JettyServer - Failed to start
org.sonatype.nexus.datastore.api.DataStoreNotFoundException: Data store not found: 'nexus'
at org.sonatype.nexus.datastore.internal.DataStoreManagerImpl.lambda$openSession$0(DataStoreManagerImpl.java:145)
at java.base/java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Optional.java:403)
. . .
Is anyone encountered the same behavior ? Any advice ?
nb: Imagine I would like to follow an upgrade path like upgrading from 3.59 up to 3.60 and then up to the 3.78; where can I donwload the proper tar.gz archives ?
ps: The steps I followed are basically:
- stop service (nginx && nexus)
- archive nexus-3.59.0-01
- create nexus-3.78.2-04
- copy the relevant data from the previous ./etc/ files
- check|set the proper ownership
- start service (nexus && nginx)
- check service status
- check webui
- read release notes
- Downloaded the latest archive from: Sonatype Nexus Repository Manager Community Edition | Download (Nexus-unix-x86-64-3.78.2-04.tar)
- Follow latest upgrade documentation:
- The java version used is 11
post by Tor_Inge_Johannessen on Apr 1, 2025
Do you have the built-in OrientDB or do you use an external database? If you are using OrientDB, I recommend you read this:
Upgrade to Nexus Repository 3.71.0
In short: You probably need to upgrade to 3.70.x, migrate the database, then upgrade to 3.78.x.
Edit: I see you have read the Nexus Repository Upgrade Paths, so this is probably not relevant, but in case you have missed that step.
post by mpiggott on Apr 7, 2025
Typically when this occurs you’ll see other errors before it which may provide more information.
As Tor suggested if you were using OrientDB you’ll need to follow the linked document.