Maven-metadata.xml dropping older versions - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Maven-metadata.xml dropping older versions

post by jdelfino on Jan 24, 2025

Hi folks,

I’ve been publishing new minor versions of two different major versions of a library lately, and I find that older versions are not being included in maven-metadata.xml.

Here is my latest maven-metadata.xml: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/io/github/brandeis-cosi-103a/atg-api/maven-metadata.xml. Note that it lists 2.4.0 and 1.4.0.

And here is the package on Maven Central: Maven Central: io.github.brandeis-cosi-103a:atg-api. Note that there are many more prior 2.x.x and 1.x.x versions available there. In the past, as I’ve published new versions, I’ve seen older versions be removed from maven-metadata.xml. Often I end up with only the most recently published version, but sometimes it leaves 1 or more past versions in there. I haven’t been able to discern a pattern for when older versions are dropped or retained.

I need at least some of these prior versions to be present in maven-metadata.xml to support access to older version docs on javadoc.io.

I’m publishing with the central-publishing-maven-plugin through Maven.

Can anyone advise me on how to either manually manage the versions that show up in maven-metadata.xml, or to at least prevent previously published versions from being removed?

I’m relatively new to maven, and especially this whole publishing process, so this question may not belong here - please feel free to redirect me to documentation or other places to ask this question if this is the case.

Thanks,

Joe

post by rseddon on Jan 27, 2025

Please use the publisher support system here:

https://central.sonatype.org/pages/support/#producers

Regards,

Rich

post by jdelfino on Jan 28, 2025

Hi Rich - thanks for the quick response, I’ve emailed them!