Maven - Delete SNAPSHOT task leaves folder behind - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Maven - Delete SNAPSHOT task leaves folder behind

post by alan.mochoruk on Mar 12, 2025

Recently we upgraded our Nexus repository from the OrientDb database to the Postgres database. The upgrade went fine but now I notice that artifacts that are being removed by the Maven - Delete SNAPSHOT task are leaving behind an empty folder with the old artifact name now being the folder name. I’ve included a screenshot showing the files now just becoming folders. Is there another step needed now for maintaining the Postgres database to clean these up that I’m not aware of? I see the same action with cleanup tasks for snapshot repositories but release repositories clean up fine.

108 views

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Clarification on robots.txt Exposure and CVE-2024-4956 in Nexus Repository 3.69.0 2 555 Feb 20
Hosted Apt Repository not working with 3.84.0 2 154 Sep 2025
Privileges based on content selectors not working correctly 3 109 Sep 2025
OSS Nexus Helm chart for 3.83.2 1 124 Sep 2025
Migrate nexus installation OSS to another server with nexus CE 7 303 Oct 2025