Issues with container proxy repo - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community
Issues with container proxy repo
post by itsupport on Feb 5, 2024
I’m trying to setup a docker/container Proxy repo on Nexus3 OSS.
Yet it seems the URL or are not correct, I always get this error:
Error response from daemon: error parsing HTTP 404 response body: invalid character ‘<’ looking for beginning of value: `"\n\n\n
\nCan someone help me to find the cause of the issue which I’m facing here?
post by laurencet on Feb 5, 2024
It looks like you are using a reverse proxy to forward the request from a port to a path. Seems like maybe your forwarding rules may be incorrect.
There are some reverse proxy examples on this page that may be of use if you haven’t already seen them.
post by itsupport on Feb 5, 2024
Port to Path? I’m using HAProxy to get the RevProxying done. But I don’t get what exactly might be wrong. I’m doing a SSL offloading to get the SSL verification done on the frontend haproxy system and the backend it connected without.
Any idea what exactly might have to be modified?
post by itsupport on Feb 19, 2024
Seems I’ve gotten the general issue done as long as I use the bearer realm on my client and an anonymous access. But as soon as I try to do the access via User/PW I get a: “Error response from daemon: Get “http://nexus.far-galaxy.net/v2/”: context deadline exceeded”.
I’ve created a new use and assigned the roles according to the proxy repo I’ve configured. Still it does not work. Can someone help me figuring out what might be the cause for that?
post by mpiggott on Feb 20, 2024
Have you followed the instructions for Docker Authentication on the help site?
post by itsupport on Feb 20, 2024
Sure I did, the thing is, my goal is to concatenate another repo and use the Nexus as proxy. Yet the anonymous auth works as long as I use it with a bearer token realm entry in .docker/config.yml but as soon as I try to do a user based auth it tells me my auth it incorrect. Without auth I don’t get the second repo service to authenticate properly and with it fails “authentication failed”.
So something I do, must definitely be wrong, even though it’s partly working with a docker pull on a linux system without authentication.
post by itsupport on Feb 21, 2024
docker login nexus.domain.sample
Authenticating with existing credentials…
Login did not succeed, error: Error response from daemon: login attempt to https://nexus.domain.sample/v2/ failed with status: 401 Unauthorized
Username (demo): dockernexus
Password:
Error response from daemon: login attempt to https://nexus.domain.sample/v2/ failed with status: 401 Unauthorized
Can someone tell me if I can figure out if my user actually works and has the correct permission?
Cause the WebUI login doesn’t work with the specified docker registry role.
Any other way I can verify if the user and the pw are correct as well as the permission settings?