How to setup privileges for content selectors - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

How to setup privileges for content selectors

post by roland.asmann on Sep 5, 2025

Roland Asmann
Sonatype Customer

We have been running 2 instances of Nexus (Nexus 2 & Nexus 3) and are preparing a new Nexus where both should be consolidated. I am currently trying to setup our content selectors, but I feel both the documentation (Privileges) and the UI itself are incorrect.

I have created a content selector that handles 2 formats: docker and maven. Now I would like to add a privilege for that, but it doesn’t accept multiple formats, even though the UI says ‘ The format(s) for the repository’. The documentation doesn’t even mention the possibility to choose format(s).

Similar for the repository: the UI only offers me single repos or all, the documentation says ‘ Repository: Use this dropdown to select from either a range of all repository contents, all repository contents of an individual format, or repositories created by you.’

Seeing how we have some other formats as well, how would I setup a privilege that only acts on docker and maven? Do I need to setup multiple privileges? Do I need to add group repos just to get this working?


post by mgarzon on Sep 30, 2025

Miguel Garzon
Sonatypers

Hi Roland,