How to delete multiple versioned package using curl? - Sonatype Nexus Repository / Best Practices - Sonatype Community
How to delete multiple versioned package using curl?
post by palla714 on Mar 21, 2022
I am trying to delete Nexus package which are associated with more than one version. I am running a curl command to delete it, but I want a generic command which will delete all package under a folder
This is the curl command I am using
curl -v -u ${NEXUS_CREDS} -X "DELETE" http://${SONATYPE_NEXUS_SERVICE_SERVICE_HOST}:${SONATYPE_NEXUS_SERVICE_SERVICE_PORT}/repository/${NEXUS_REPO_NAME}/${APP_NAME}/${PACKAGE}
where PACKAGE ="${APP_NAME}-${VERSION}.tar.gz". I need to provide a command which will not delete a particular version only.
post by mmartz on Mar 21, 2022
There isn’t an official API that can do that as far as I know. You can use the UI to delete a folder of items from the browse tree. You could also figure out how to call that API, but it’s an internal one so that won’t be supported and could change at any time.
post by mpiggott on Mar 21, 2022
You may be able to use the search APIs to find versions then use those to execute many delete requests.