How to create an external ldap role using the REST API? - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

How to create an external ldap role using the REST API?

post by anders.e.stenman on Jun 20, 2022

What is the best way to create an external ldap role using the REST API?

I thought that posting something like

{
  "description": "ACL_GRAFANA_editor",
  "id": "ACL_GRAFANA_editor",
  "source": "ldap",
  "name": "ldap-ACL_GRAFANA_editor"
}

to /service/rest/v1/security/roles would do the trick, but I get the response

id          : ACL_GRAFANA_editor
source      : default
name        : ldap-ACL_GRAFANA_editor
description : ACL_GRAFANA_editor
privileges  : {}
roles       : {}

i.e., source is set to default, not ldap.

post by mmartz on Jun 20, 2022

It appears we don’t currently support creating external role mappings via the REST API (due to not including a source field) and at first glance I didn’t find an open ticket to add the functionality to the REST API. If you’d like this functionality added, please open a ticket on issues.sonatype.org against the “Dev - Nexus Repo (NEXUS)” project. That will help us track the requests for this functionality and may help get it prioritized.