Hosting Gradle Plugins - Nexus is removing files randomly - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Hosting Gradle Plugins - Nexus is removing files randomly

post by mareksierocinski on Oct 30, 2024

Hello,

I’m using Nexus OSS 3.68.1-02. I have created a maven-type hosted repository, to which I’m publishing my custom Gradle plugins.

Gradle is a bit “special”. Let’s say that your plugin is in group “org.foo”, with name “bar” and version “1.2.3”. Normally Maven would publish packages like this:

org / foo / bar / 1.2.3 / bar-1.2.3.jar
org / foo / bar / 1.2.3 / bar-1.2.3.module
org / foo / bar / 1.2.3 / bar-1.2.3.pom
org / foo / bar / maven-metadata.xml

But if you publish a Gradle plugin it looks like this:

org / foo / bar / 1.2.3 / bar-1.2.3.jar
org / foo / bar / 1.2.3 / bar-1.2.3.module
org / foo / bar / 1.2.3 / bar-1.2.3.pom
org / foo / bar / org.foo.bar.gradle.plugin / 1.2.3 / org.foo.bar.gradle.plugin-1.2.3.pom
org / foo / bar / org.foo.bar.gradle.plugin / maven-metadata.xml
org / foo / bar / maven-metadata.xml

And the strangest thing is that after some time (I cannot tell exactly when, because sometimes it is like days, other times weeks or even months) the path org / foo / bar / org.foo.bar.gradle.plugin disappears! Just like that! Nothing in logs. Oh, and there is no cleanup policy set up on this repository.

Is it a known issue?

post by mpiggott on Oct 31, 2024

Do you mean the metadata disappears or the pom?

The other question might be whether they are still available for download.