Helm proxy/group repo error: YAML document exceeds limit - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community
Helm proxy/group repo error: YAML document exceeds limit
post by itperfecto on Jun 26
Hi,
I have configured several Helm proxy repositories and a single Helm group repository in Nexus to proxy various chart repositories.
However, I keep seeing the following error in the Nexus logs:
2026-06-26 14:07:12,294+0300 ERROR [qtp228890511-2000614] *UNKNOWN com.sonatype.nexus.repository.helm.internal.metadata.IndexYamlAbsoluteUrlRewriter - Error reading index.yaml for filename 'prometheus-postgres-exporter-7.3.0.tgz'
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: The incoming YAML document exceeds the limit: 25165824 code points.
at [Source: (BufferedInputStream); line: 709943, column: 1] (through reference chain: com.sonatype.nexus.repository.helm.internal.metadata.ChartIndex["entries"]->java.util.LinkedHashMap["valkey"]->java.util.ArrayList[63])
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException.wrapWithPath(JsonMappingException.java:400)
Is there any configuration option to increase this YAML size limit, or some recommended workaround to avoid this error?
Thanks in advance.
post by mpiggott on Jun 29
You could try the property here: Allow file size limits for Helm yaml files to be configurable · Issue #283 · sonatype/nexus-public · GitHub
Otherwise I’d suggest filing an issue in the public repository- Sign in to GitHub · GitHub and include a full stack trace.
post by itperfecto on Jun 30
I set the parameter value to 40 MB, and the issue hasn’t appeared so far.
nexus.helm.yaml.max.bytes=41943040
Continuing to monitor.