Encrypting Between Repos - Forward and Reverse Proxy - IIS - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Encrypting Between Repos - Forward and Reverse Proxy - IIS

post by dimitri.computer.tech on Aug 18, 2021

Dimitri Harrington

dimitri.computer.tech

Aug 2021

Greetings,

I have a few sites that I’m trying to use Nexus OSS to send packages over the wire. To encrypt my traffic, I am looking at having a reverse proxy (IIS ARR) and a forward proxy. I am currently trying to leverage IIS to encrypt (SSL) the data coming from Nexus and going over the wire. I have a reverse proxy setup, stating if you come enter a specific URL, it should route the request to my Nexus server over http (not https). I also have a forward proxy setup that Nexus OSS http proxy settings are point to, meaning if you go outbound to another nexus host, go through the proxy so IIS puts an HTTPS certificate on it. Long story short, I am trying to get Nexus to be encrypted when it leaves my network, but I can’t seem to get it to work correctly with IIS. Anyone here been successful getting this to work?

844 views

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
How to set up Cleanup Policies?
Sonatype Nexus Repository
nexus-repository, help, docker, cleanup
2 157 Aug 2025
Redhat registry error
Sonatype Nexus Repository
nexus-repository, podman
6 429 Aug 2025
how to configure docker registry path based routing in registries.conf
Sonatype Nexus Repository
0 431 Sep 2025
Nexus 3.69 OSS - does going over the daily requests threshold cause slowness?
Sonatype Nexus Repository
nexus-repository
0 73 Sep 2025
Sonatype Nexus remote repositories are not working after adding the proxy to connect to internet
Sonatype Nexus Repository
nexus-repository, help
2 101 Aug 2025

Topic list, column headers with buttons are sortable.