Deleted Nexus blobs remain on disk - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Deleted Nexus blobs remain on disk

post by rma on Apr 16, 2024

Hi,

(v3.67.1)

I’m seeing that blob stores deleted in the UI are still present on disk. I’m not referring to repositories, which I’ve compacted successfully. Deleted blob stores can’t be compacted (to nothing) because they can’t be selected in the compact task.

I’ve seen mention of a background task that should cleanup, though clearly that’s either unrelated or failing.

Is there a correct procedure to deleting blob stores that should be followed before hitting the delete button eg first deleting repositories, then compacting, then deleting the blob store?

A repair reconcile looks like the next thing to try - is that right?

Thanks.

post by rseddon on Apr 19, 2024

Deleted blob stores are not automatically removed from disk. If the blob store is no longer present in the UI you can manually delete its contents on disk.

Rich

post by rma on Apr 22, 2024

Thanks, Rich!

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Can’t downgrade from Nexus Pro to Nexus OOS in 3.83.0 1 183 Aug 2025
Maven repository proxy not caching artifacts? 0 73 Sep 2025
Problem with OrientDB on Sonatype Nexus Repository OSS 3.70.1-02 0 107 Sep 2025
Cleanup policies and tasks not working v3.84.1 6 195 Sep 2025
OSS NPM repo support 1 105 Aug 2025