Deduplicate Maven artifacts across multiple repositories - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Deduplicate Maven artifacts across multiple repositories

post by prasad.itv.116 on Aug 27, 2020

Prasad Itv

prasad.itv.116

Is there any recommended ways to deduplicate maven artifacts across multiple repositories?

We have inherited a Nexus 3 Repository Manager where thre are lot of release artifacts duplicated across multiple repositories due to historical reasons and now we are facing issues with storage and have find a way clean them up.

We are option to any suggestion (even if its non standard scripting approach),

Thanks,

Prasad.CH

post by jtom on Sep 1, 2020

Joe Tom

jtom

Built in cleanup procedures are documented here: https://help.sonatype.com/display/NXRM3/Cleanup+Policies

If your instance is old, recommend upgrading to get access to everything on that page for sure.

Likely what you want however is https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-10821. Until that is implemented you are somewhat limited to a date based approach. I am skeptical there’s a scripted solution (and not one I’ve heard of) but I could be wrong.

Hope that helps a little,

Joe