Debian Auto-Update Repository Manager - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community
Debian Auto-Update Repository Manager
post by zyzonix on Dec 22, 2024
Hello,
since I can’t find the latest versions of the community edition of the repository manager on repo.sonatype.com. I would like to ask if there’s anyone whos knows how to update the repository manager automatically on Debian or Redhat systems? The easiest way would be by using deb/rpm packages but they aren’t provided anymore, are they?
Since it is not really comfortable for system maintainers to always download and extract a tar-ball I am wondering, why I might be the only one that asks this question?
Best regards
Zyzonix
post by mfrost on Dec 23, 2024
Hi @zyzonix! From what I understand, Sonatype does not provide official .deb or .rpm packages for Sonatype Nexus Repository Manager. You can find more info here: missing nexus-repository-manager_3.70.001-2_all.deb · Issue #445 · sonatype/nexus-public · GitHub
That means there isn’t a straightforward way to automatically update. There is an idea you can vote or comment on here.
The recommended installation method for Nexus Repository Manager is using the Docker image. If you need to run it on a RHEL system without full Kubernetes, you can use podman:
podman run sonatype/nexus3
For automated updates, you would need to implement a custom solution using the Docker image or the manual installation method.
post by zyzonix on Dec 24, 2024
Hi,
that is actually sad to hear. If I understand the issue on Github correctly, the main problem for building a deb-Package is the migration of the database?
Therefore that I am not a fan of docker that’s not an option for me. A LXC running on Proxmox with a simple deb installed is for me/us more easy to maintain than using docker.
Nevertheless thank you for your fast response!
Best regards
Zyzonix