Cleaning up /nexus-data/tmp - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community
Cleaning up /nexus-data/tmp
post by jsevans on Apr 11, 2024
Hi all, I’m currently running Nexus as a docker container. The directory, inside the container, /data/tmp is using a large amount of data that appears to be just text files and I would like to clear them out or at least compress them. According to the documentation:
do not manipulate any files put into the temp directory, especially when repository manager is running
I would like to know, if I stop the container and remove/compress the text files older than 90 days, what kind of issues, if any, can I expect?
post by rseddon on Apr 11, 2024
It is safe to clear out that directory when Nexus Repo is not running. I’ll have the documentation updated.
New & Unread Topics
SQL Error
- Replies: 2
- Views: 118
- Activity: Oct 2025
Migration Issue during Nexus 2 to Nexus 3 upgrade (LDAP Configuration Error)
Sonatype Nexus Repository
docker, upgrade, ldap
- Replies: 0
- Views: 81
- Activity: Dec 2025
Problem using Golang proxy repository from a non-internet-connected client machine/container
Sonatype Nexus Repository
nexus-repository, proxy, golang
- Replies: 3
- Views: 154
- Activity: Jan 8
Proxy repo for rhn anyone?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 121
- Activity: Jan 20
Custom Auth Plugin Supports Basic Auth but Not Bearer Token (Realm Not Invoked for Bearer Tokens)
- Replies: 0
- Views: 57
- Activity: Sep 2025