Clean artefact - nexus 3 - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Clean artefact - nexus 3

post by michel13 on Jun 14, 2024

Hi,

I wrote a python script to clean artefacts, but I don’t see the free space disque increase.

...
   response = requests.delete(url, auth=(username, password))
...

Why ?

thx

MPichel

post by laurencet on Jun 14, 2024

I can’t comment on the behaviour of your script, but typically after using the builtin cleanup policies in Sonatype Nexus Repository you need to schedule a task called ‘Admin - Compact blob store’. This can be found in Server administration & configuration > System > Tasks.

The cleanup policies mark the artefacts for deletion but are not removed from disk, the compact blob store will actually remove them.

Is there any reason you have opted to not use the builtin cleanup policies?

post by michel13 on Jun 14, 2024

I write scripts because I currently use the oss version and my criteria are too complex for oss version

I hope to use the enterprise version next year.

Thanks a lot

You solve my question

post by mpiggott on Jun 20, 2024

If your script is deleting assets you either need to wait for, or manually the Compact Blob Store task.