CE installation requests limit misunderstanding - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

CE installation requests limit misunderstanding

post by evgenii_makarov on Oct 22, 2025

I recently upgraded to the latest 3.85 version of Nexus CE and I’ve encountered mismatch in daily requests limit

I get notification in status bar that I’ve reached 20K requests per day

And the same time status dashboard says it is ok because it should be 200K

Is this some kind of a bug or am I missing something? Documentation states that it is 200K for Nexus Community Edition.

Can someone clarify it to me? Thanks


post by mpiggott on Oct 22, 2025

The status check failing there is to suggest that your system load is high enough that you should consider migrating to postgresql instead of using h2. This isn’t related to the Community Edition limits.


post by evgenii_makarov on Oct 22, 2025

I don’t understand it. One page says it is below the limit, and the other that it is not.

But there is no heavy load on that particular installation.

Documentation clearly states this - " Nexus Repository running with the embedded H2 database supports up to 200,000 requests per day or 100,000 components"

Should I really migrate DB to Postgres? Thanks


post by jzora on Oct 22, 2025

Let me see if I can help here, Evgenni,

These two messages about limits aren’t related. Each message is telling you something different.

The image above is warning you that you may have better performance if you switch to Postgres. The “limit” here is just our recommendation for the sort of database you should be using.

The image above shows the limits of Community Edition. If you go above these usage limits, you won’t be able to write to Nexus Repository until your usage falls below those limits.


To answer your question about Postgres – Your usage is high enough that Postgres will probably give you better performance. You can continue to use the H2 database if that’s what’s best for you and your organization, but if you expect your Nexus Repository usage to grow, definitely consider switching to Postgres.


post by evgenii_makarov on Oct 24, 2025

OK, now it’s clear to me, thank you very much!