Can't Log In With New Users - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Can’t Log In With New Users

post by andrewbackes on Aug 8, 2018

I’ve created a new user and have granted them nx-admin. Initially I was having a more refined set of roles, but was having issues logging in. I thought I’d try seeing if I could log in with the new user by granting them admin privileges. I was still unable to log in. I’ve changed the password a dozen times, but nothing works. Am I missing a step here? Why can’t any new user I create actually log in to the nexus repo? It’s worth noting these are local users.

post by nickcook on Aug 8, 2018

It doesn’t sound like you’re missing any steps here. Is this a new instance of Repo? Do you already have some other Realms setup (like LDAP)?

Link to the relevant section of the docs in case you just want a sanity check: https://help.sonatype.com/repomanager3/security/users#app

post by andrewbackes on Aug 8, 2018

This is a brand new installation of Nexus on a new server. LDAP has not been setup up at. But yeah, I looked through those docs as well, and it seems like I’m doing everything correct.

post by rseddon on Aug 8, 2018

Are there errors in the nexus.log?

post by andrewbackes on Aug 8, 2018

There is nothing in the log relating to failure to authenticate. When I log in as the admin, I see the “Created session for user: admin” in the log. But it doesn’t seem to log anything for authentication failing.

post by rseddon on Aug 8, 2018

I don’t think we’ll be able to solve this on the forum. Open an issue at https://issues.sonatype.org in the ‘dev - nexus’ project. Go to “support/support zip” in the admin Nexus Repo UI, generate a support zip, and attach it to the issue.

post by sookkidsclothing on Jan 23, 2023

I have downloaded the nexus on my ubuntu and it randomly generated a password for the admin. I have pasted the password several times and it does not recognise the 'admin and password.

This is the ip address to the nexus that has been installed on my server http://178.62.70.132:8081/.

the password and admin are as follows:- username : admin

password: 55fcdf8a-0ac5-4746-8e3a-eb36295419f2

Please can you help me, i have gone through all your documentation and there is no fix for the above.