Best practice for auto-configuration - Sonatype Nexus Repository / Best Practices - Sonatype Community

Best practice for auto-configuration

post by ryan.bannon on Apr 4, 2019

Ryan Bannon

1

Apr 2019

Hello,

Currently, I’m using CFTs and Ansible to spin up a Nexus stack (Nginx reverse proxy and S3 bucket). Once the stack is up, it is momentarily exposed to malicious attacks since the admin password is the default admin123 (until I change it).

What are the best practices in this case? Ideally, Nexus would have a CLI that would allow me to, at the very least, reset/change a password. (Beyond that, it would be great to do other configurations, like creating blobs or setting up repos.)

In the case of admin password, I know there’s a “How To”, but it seems a bit complex since it requires going into the OrientDB. Also, I think it only resets the password to admin123.

What are the best practices here? Is there a tool I’m missing?

Thanks,

Ryan

1.3k views

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Nexus H2 repair steps for version 3.79 3 218 Mar 6
Application Health Check required permissions for role assignment 2 91 Mar 25
RAW Repository Powershell Helpfiles 1 76 Mar 2
Upgrade from 3.80 to 3.89 failed 1 188 Feb 5
Are there official STIGs or hardening guidelines available for Sonatype Nexus Repository? 2 120 Apr 23

Topic list, column headers with buttons are sortable.