Audit and event logging - Sonatype Lifecycle & Repository Firewall - Sonatype Community

Audit and event logging

We’ve added enhanced logging to address the need to audit actions and changes to the configuration and data within the IQ Server.

Typical questions that can be answered by consulting the audit log:

These features were delivered over several releases, with IQ Server release 58 being the last installment. Refer to the Audit Log help page for configuration instructions and field definitions.

Post by jwhitehouse on Jan 14, 2019

Hi Jamie!

Can you please advise the way to customize audit event format?

For example I need to remove User-agent information and add internal IP of Nexus IQ.

Is it possible to achieve through “logFormat” option?

Post by bentmann on Jan 30, 2019

Hi,

I’m sorry but there is currently no way to customize the fields included in the audit events.

Best I can suggest is to post-process the log file, e.g.

sed 's/,"userAgent":"[^"]*"//' audit.log

will strip out the userAgent field.

Post by abasharin on Jan 30, 2019

Hi! Thank you for the explanation. Will try to post-process logs or play with log source identification.