Apt proxy repo: GPG failure - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Apt proxy repo: GPG failure

post by X_M on Apr 11, 2025

Hello,

I use NRM for internal hosts behind a firewall to receive upstream packages without burdening the network - brilliant tool!

For Canonical repos, I find no issues.

But for 3rd party repos, like Microsoft, Puppet and Docker.io - they all complain about GPG keys.

Certainly because the hosts use these repos without downloading the 3rd party keys.

I have configured my hosts to refer to the NRM proxied (3rd party only) repos with ‘[trusted=yes]’ to bypass this. I know this to be bad practice.

For machines behind a firewall like this, can NRM do anything to proxy the GPG keys my hosts need?

Does anyone care to share how they might do this?

Thanks v much.

104 views

New & Unread Topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Clarification on robots.txt Exposure and CVE-2024-4956 in Nexus Repository 3.69.0 2 556 Feb 20
Can’t downgrade from Nexus Pro to Nexus OOS in 3.83.0 1 183 Aug 2025
Is it possible for Sonatype Nexus Repository Community Edition to get vulnerability information? 0 52 Sep 2025
Sonatype Nexus Repository 3.85.0 Released 0 131 Oct 2025
Problem with Docker Baerer Token URL after upgrade to 3.80 1 217 Jan 15