API to get all Waivers (Application & Repository) - Sonatype Lifecycle & Repository Firewall - Sonatype Community

API to get all Waivers (Application & Repository)

post by m588 on Jan 20, 2023

Hi,

i have seen in the new Version the possibility, to show all waiver in the new dashboard and to export these waivers as CSV.

Our Security-Team want to load this data over an API with a nightly batch.

Is there a API to get the same data as we get out of the export?

When not, can you create something like this in a future release?

I think everything needed should be there 🙂

Greets,

Marcus

post by jeff.wise on Jan 20, 2023

I think you can get what you need with multiple API calls. See the GET for Policy Waiver REST API - v2. You may need to make a call per ownerType.

post by m588 on Jan 23, 2023

Hi,

we have a 4-digit number of projects, which would make querying the waivers of each application very time consuming.

Is there a hard link to the export that would be called from the UI?

post by jeff.wise on Jan 23, 2023

You don’t have to query per application. The policy waiver rest API allows querying by organization, repository, and repository_container as well.

post by m588 on Feb 3, 2023

Perhaps i understand something not right, but the Waivers where made on Application Level. When i try to get the waivers from the API for an organization (ROOT or the specific organization where the appliaction lives) i dont get any entries. Only when i call the API for the specific application i get the entries. But this is not what i want to do. I will call the API once and get every Waiver who was made.

EDIT:

i just started the IQ and saw that he prints out the REST APIs and found the following:

POST /rest/dashboard/export/policyWaivers (com.sonatype.insight.brain.dashboard.DashboardResource)

It seems that there is a API for my need. Is there more information for that API? I saw that it is also possible to set the filter over API.

Greets, Marcus

post by jeff.wise on Feb 6, 2023

@m588,

I misunderstood and thought the organization level queries were recursive. They are not. You would need to make API calls for all of your applications – time-consuming indeed for thousands of applications.

A Sonatype will need to respond to your query about the policy waivers export API you mentioned as I don’t see any documentation for it.

post by m588 on Feb 7, 2023

I digging a bit deeper…

https://{HOST}/iq/rest/dashboard/export/policyWaivers

When i call this API and put the CSRF Token in header, i get the following response:

"Entity is empty."

Do i have to set some filter criterion first?