Admin login showing anonymous - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

Admin login showing anonymous

post by ratansuyi on Apr 6

ratansuyi@yahoo.com

ratansuyi

Apr 6

I installed Sonatype Nexus Repository OSS 3.72.0-04 on Ubuntu 24.04.4 LTS server. I need to see the Clog Settings wheel. Rather when I log in as Admin, I do not get the prompt to change my password from the system-issued one and I show up as anonymous rather than Admin. I have reinstalled my Cloud server with more CPUs and RAM, changed my community version of Nexus to newer and back down. Google Gemini and I were on this for hours with no luck.

post by ratansuyi on Apr 7

ratansuyi@yahoo.com

ratansuyi

Apr 7

Since we’ve been working through this over the last few days, here is the summary of our troubleshooting journey and the final resolution.


Root Cause Analysis (RCA)

1. Problem Statement

User was unable to authenticate to the Sonatype Nexus Repository instance via the web UI. Standard credentials were failing, and the environment was unresponsive to initial login attempts after the initial server setup.

2. Timeline of Events

3. Root Cause

4. Resolution

  1. Accessed the server via SSH.
  2. Navigated to the Nexus data directory: /opt/sonatype/sonatype-work/nexus3/.
  3. Retrieved the password using cat admin.password.
  4. Authenticated via the Web UI and confirmed Admin status.

5. Lessons Learned & Best Practices