About Renewing SSL Certificate - Sonatype Nexus Repository - Sonatype Community

About Renewing SSL Certificate

post by Priyanka_Dalawai on Aug 1, 2025

Priyanka Dalawai

Hi Team,

Can you please provide me the steps to renew SSL Certificate for Nexus "Account - Nexus Repository"

Thanks,
Priyanka

post by mprescott on Aug 1, 2025

Michael Prescott

Hey there. If you want Nexus Repository to handle SSL connections, you must provide it with an SSL certificate that you obtain from somewhere else. Much like the domain name it runs on, renewing the SSL certificate is something you do outside of Repository with whomever you get your SSL certificates from.

Once you have an updated SSL certificate, if you’re using that to handle HTTPS with Repository directly, review the instructions here:
Configuring SSL

post by Priyanka_Dalawai on Aug 5, 2025

Priyanka Dalawai

Thanks for responding.

I have raised request for getting the SSL certificate but, I’m unable to find the location of the certificate where we have to replace. I tried some steps to check whether it’s using Nginx, Apache or Jetty. But, everywhere I found no such directory exists. Can you please help me with that if there is any way to check on that.